Sunday, September 9, 2012

No Easy Day - The Firsthand Account Of The Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden BOOK REVIEW




I will start of by saying I was very excited to read this book when I first heard about it a month or so ago.  I was excited at the thought of hearing all about the mission that finally killed "OBL" but even more, I was hoping to see the picture of him dead.  This won't be your typical book review that most of you are accustomed to reading.  I don't review books professionally for anyone nor do I claim to be an expert in publishing, etc....you get the point!!!  What I am is a man that has dedicated my life to helping others.  I have been involved with para military groups, military, public safety, and  Search & Rescue groups for the better part of the past 25 years.  So you can say, "Yeah, I wanted the details of this mission and the photo the world didn't get to see."  What I wasn't expecting was the fact that this book was going to be released without the permission from The Pentagon, Navy, Seal Teams, DOD, and POTUS.  That is where I start to have a problem.

I downloaded the book on release day to my iPad and began the read.  The beginning chapters were interesting, but it certainly wasn't "Rogue Warrior" if you know what I mean.  Perhaps that was the caution that the author used or maybe I just didn't find the material in the beginning chapters overly exciting from what I already knew.

I am not going to give away details in case some of you have not read the book.  The mission details of OBL were pretty cool but again not overly dramatic as I thought it was going to be.  After all CNN & Fox described this mission much differently than the author describes it.  It was obvious to me now what the media was trying to do at the direction of The White House...  Basically another cover up....who's surprised?  I have to wonder after reading this that if classified information was released, ( I think there was) was it really worth the legal battle that the author now faces.  If it were me, I would have walked away from the whole thing saying, "Let the media think what they want"  "I know the truth and what the media is saying isn't even close".  But who am I after all to dispute this?  This is one legal war I am happy that I won't have to deal with.  I hope for both sides that this matter gets resolved quickly.  I don't like the fact that in the good ol' U.S. of A that we may have just released a "How to better cover your tracks" manifesto for any terrorist group.  They don't need us telling them how to fool us in the future of doing a better job of what they do.  My 2 cents......

No comments:

Post a Comment