Monday, August 6, 2012

NASA Triumphs once again

I have been a NASA junkie since I was a small boy. I can remember my dad taking me to see STS-2 and STS-4 and that was the beginning of the passion for everything space. I was the coolest kid on the block when I had the old refrigerator box converted into my own make shift Space Shuttle in my mom's backyard.

I was lucky enough to get to meet Joe Engle, Richard Truly, Sandy Magnus and Chris Ferguson. Last year I won a twitter contest and got to participate in a NASA Tweetup at NASA HQ in Washington DC. So it's safe to say I have had many "space" moments in my life.














But I have to tell you, there was something very magical watching Curiosity land on Mars this morning. There was a very real, unscripted reaction watching the celebration at mission control when they received confirmation of touchdown that gave me goosebumps on top of goosebumps.

For my generation it was our "That's one small step for man" moment. A moment I will cherish forever.

Congratulations to everyone at NASA who made this possible. I hope in the years to come they can receive the funding they need to keep the exploration and the dream alive. Space is our future. There are many more small boys and girls who deserve their "space" moments too.

No comments:

Post a Comment