Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What is a Champion?

19 Olympic medals? Being on a winning sports team? How do the common define champion? For me, my gold medal has always been being in control of my own destiny, both professionally and personally. Most of us reading this will never know the glory of standing on any kind of podium or receiving that big sponsor payday. No matter what we do or where we work, in our own minds we can never forgot that we are champions to those close to us and perhaps to people not so close to us. For that reason alone, I stand on my own podium in my heart holding my gold medal close to me.

Congratulations to Team USA for all that you have accomplished. For those that may not win a medal during these games always remember...you don't need a medal to be a champion. Just getting there is champion enough.

1 comment:

  1. Very insightful. However, as in control as we think we are every once in a while there is a an unforeseen circumstance, sort of like getting hit by a Mac truck. I think it is how we handle these events that help to make us gold medal winners. Anyone can win if they can control all the variables, it is the unforeseen that can stand in our way or throw us off course.

    ReplyDelete